Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On the lookout for motivation!

As I'm thinking through the content on the first posting for this blog, the instant word that came through my mind is 'motivation'.  Lately this word has been verbalised countless of times albeit the lack of the actual emotion of being motivated.

So what is the definition of motivation?

In the BusinessDictionary.com, motivation is defined as 'internal and external factors that stimulate desire and energy in people to be continually interested and committed to a job, role or subject, or to make an effort to attain a goal.  Motivation results from the interaction of both conscious and unconscious factors such as the (1) intensity of desire or need, (2) incentive or reward value of the goal, and (3) expectations of the individual and of his or her peers. These factors are the reasons one has for behaving a certain way'

For me, to be able to finally create this blog is the result of one big push of motivation!  Lately, I've been inspired to pen down my thoughts as I was seriously going through some downhill moments in motivation from the professional aspect of my life.  So I'm going the Nike-way here....

source: www.motivationblog.org

...Yes!! I've decided to take charge and write my own story...well not necessarily all mine actually.  The purpose of having this blog is for me to hopefully be able to write some of my thoughts and share other stories or articles that are inspiring to bring passion and energy back in our lives in order for us to strive for personal excellence.


3 comments: